Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may from time to time also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How your personal information is collected
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and for internal reporting purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How and why we use your personal information
We only use the personal information you supply to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested. This may in some circumstances involve passing necessary details to other companies within the James Walker Group or to third party distributors but only expressly for the purpose of providing the service or products you have requested.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Keeping you informed
From time to time we may also use this information to contact you with details about our products and services, new products, technical updates or other information we feel may be useful or of interest to you.
Who we share your personal information with
No information will be passed on to third parties outside the James Walker Group and its official distribution network without first requesting your consent.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that you check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changing your mind
When you receive an email from us you can amend your details by clicking the preference centre link in the footer of the email. Alternatively, you can ask us to remove your details from our registers completely by simply emailing your request to [email protected]
This page is about privacy on the website. This is one of the three pages detailing our legal notices: We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide information on our products and services. From time to time we would like to contact you with details of the products and services we provide. Email: If you do not want to receive these communications please click the link displayed in the footer of the email to update your preferences or to unsubscribe completely. Alternatively you can contact us directly at [email protected]
Post: If you do not want us to contact you by post please contact us directly at [email protected]
Telephone: If you do not want us to contact you by telephone please contact us directly at 01579 320808
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“the James Walker Group”).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all or substantially all of the assets of any company within the James Walker Group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email your request to [email protected]
Access to information
GDPR and the Data Protection Act give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these regulations and any such request should be addressed to [email protected].